Teaching practice

Teaching practice

I was assigned to teach in science. Which is my major and one of the subjects of Tematik tema 6 means that I teach at grade 4 / A at SD Pasar Lama 1 school.

  • Procedures of teaching

My teaching steps generally follow the lesson plan. I using the 5E lesson plan that my mentor allowed me to use it. The teaching process is as follows :

Step 1 ENGAGEMENT
In this section, the teacher will greet students and check the members of the students in the room whether they have their get into studying or not. After that, the teacher gave one representative to bring the pray in front of the class. The prayer is finished. The teacher will review the previous knowledge to check the understanding and the teacher will begin to teach on the topics that will be taught each day. The teacher will ask the student questions first to call attention and after that the teacher will tell the purpose and topic that will be teach.

Step 2 EXPLORATION
Teachers allow students to play games or do activities as specified in the lesson plan. To let students know, observe and search for information around him. Before the teacher explains the content.

Step 3 EXPLANATION
Teachers explain the content and summarize the content in the topics taught to students again.

Step 4 ELABORATION
Teachers allow students to play games or do activities as specified in the lesson plan. To check that students understand what the teacher has explained and summarized earlier.

Step 5 EVALUATION
The teacher evaluated by asking questions before the end of the class or giving homework to be another measure of student understanding. 

  • Time management and organizing activities.

Time management in each teaching is important and I have time to teach each is 35 * 2 minutes which is equal to 70 minutes. My time management will be as specified in the lesson plan as follows :

Step 1  ENGAGEMENT
I will take 5 minutes to say hello to students and do other activities.

Step 2 EXPLORATION
I will spend 15 minutes for students to observe and ascertain on their own according to the activities that teachers have assigned.

Step 3  EXPLANATION
I will spend 30 minutes to explain and summarize the topics that will be taught by using various media.

Step 4 ELABORATION
I will spend 15 minutes for students to do activities as defined in the lesson plan.To check the students' understanding after the teacher has explained and summarized earlier.

Step 5 EVALUATION
I will take 5 minutes to check the understanding again by asking questions or assigning homework to students.In order to assess the understanding of the students. 

  • Problem solving

While I taught the problems I encountered, most students were unable to speak English because they use the Bahasa language in teaching and learning. But it's not a heavy problem because in the part that students do not understand, there will be a friend of Indonesia who helps to translate the language again.

  • Classroom management

Class management is important after I say hello to them and pray.Before starting teaching, I often let them exercise before class by using dance methods and gestures based on open music.So that they can feel alert all the time and not sleepy while I teach and I will always ask them "Do you understand?" because I have concerns that they will not understand that I have to teach them in English instead of Bahasa. However, I am still lucky that grade 4 / A students Is a child who is willing to study and pay attention while I teach all the time.







Grade 4 / A Which is the room I teach of  them.

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

Introduce yourself and Departing to Banjarmasin, Indonesia